Tuesday, November 18, 2008

* "Flower" by Kim Ch'un-su

Flower

Before I spoke his name
he was simply
one set of gestures, nothing more.

Then I spoke his name,
he came to me
and became a flower.

Just as I spoke his name,
I hope that someone will speak my name,
one right for my color and perfume.
I long to go to him
and become his flower.

We all of us
long to become something.
You for me, and I for you,
we long to become a never-to-be-forgotten gaze.


translated by brother Anthony



The Flower
It is nothing but a mere pose
Before I call it by name.
When I call it by name
It comes to me and becomes a flower.
Would that someone call me
By name that matches my color and scent;
I shall come to him and become a flower.
All of us desire to be something
Meaningful to each other.
You to me, I to you.


Translated by Kim Joihiun



내가 그의 이름이 불러 주기 전에는
그는 다만
하나의 몸짓에 지나지 않았다.

내가 그의 이름이 불러 주었을 때
그는 나에게로 와서 꽃이 되었다

내가 그의 이름을 불러 준 것처럼
나의 이 빛깔과 향기에 알맞은
누가 나의 이름을 불러다오.
그에게로 가서 나도
그의 꽃이 되고 싶다.

우리들은 모두
무엇이 되고 싶다
나는 너에게 너는 나에게
잊혀지지 않는 하나의 눈짓이 되고 싶다


[from here]

No comments:

Driver's Licence

            Driver’s Licence I’ll drive you to the Moomin Valley, let’s celebrate. Got a red car from my grand uncle, l’ll drive sin...