Sunday, October 13, 2019

Discarded sketches of self-pity



      Discarded sketches of self-pity


   *

I had left a space for a poem
that would not come.
A space laid to waste, to fallow,
a heart lukewarm, hung to shrink.
The evening tucked away.
To grow, grow another time,
to lean into the longing.

   *

I practiced breathing, the hard part of yoga
but I'm still lagging behind time
well past midnight.

   *

So many ties to knot together,
the pulled strings resonate joyously
for desperation is in short supply.

   *

One boy's night-time bed:
a vehicle to a world light decades away.
The immense scope of what is
and the cozy habitat we carry
into the harsh boundaries.
Growing out of troubled childhood
a more gracious universe.

   *

Where are you, my surprise,
what thread of the unknown
will you let me pull on,
the frown thread, or the smile,
or the autumn's brown,
all to weave the rainbow
you thread on,
how do you go about, my surprise,
in the pearly shadow
in the hazy town.

   *

A glimpse in a quiet dream
the glittering city
from indistinct exposures
like the prototype tree
of anti-unification
like the forbidden fruit
taunting me with lights
held up to the night.





No comments:

Driver's Licence

            Driver’s Licence I’ll drive you to the Moomin Valley, let’s celebrate. Got a red car from my grand uncle, l’ll drive sin...